If you want to spend an active holiday in nature, but at the same time discover a new, unspoiled region, you can experience a unique historical area of Romania – Dobrogea . The Macinului Mountains are the oldest mountains in Romania and represent a huge natural treasure because of the many historic traces in the region. Following this short hiking journey, you will learn the paddling techniques of kayaking. There is hardly a better way to experience the flora and fauna of the Danube Delta more intensely, closely or undisturbed.
Day 1: Get-together in the city center Macin and ride by boat to the guest house. We start with a brief information session to introduce you to the itinerary of the next few days and answer your questions regarding the Macin reservation. In the evening we enjoy a delicious meal.
Day 2: After breakfast (we decide together the breakfast time) we start trekking on an easy, but spectacular route. You`ll start exploring the natural beauty and characteristics of the area . We`ll have lunch on the way (lunch bag and a bottle of water in our backpack) and enjoy a dreamlike beautiful vantage point. During the trekking our tour guide will point to specific geological formations, flora and fauna. Upon return in the evening we will be expected with a marvelous dinner.
Day 3: We leave the guest house after breakfast, this time to tackle a steeper, more challenging route and simply to experience the nature. Again we have lunch in our backpacks and we`ll have a picnic on a high plateau, which surprises us with a wonderful view of the surroundings.
We return to the guest house in the early afternoon, and accordingly recovered we drive to the wine cellar Macin for dinner and for the wine tasting. We indulge ourselves with a delicious meal and we listen to endless stories about grape varieties, local or international wines while enjoying good wines. The wine tasting will take place in Terente`s cellar.
The routes in Macinului mountains can be determined together with the guide, depending on the requests of the participants, as well as their physical condition and trekking experience.
Day 4: After breakfast we drive to Tulcea on a scenic route along the Danube. Here we visit this small and neat town , with a rich and tumultuous history. Visit to the Danube Delta Museum with Romania`s largest aquarium, the History Museum , the Monument of War Heroes and the Art Museum. Depending on the length of the visits, we `ll have lunch in between at a local restaurant.
At 17:00 drive to the harbour Aval Tulcea and boat ride to the Mile 23 village. We are located along one of the most beautiful routes of the Danube Delta (Route No. 1 ): Channel 36, Sireasa Lake, Sonta Lake, channel Olguta , Old Danube Channel - village Mile 23. Accommodation in Mile 23 in a beautiful, neat 3 * guest house with excellent food . Accommodation in double rooms with private bathroom. In the evening we enjoy a traditional fish dish. (please specify when booking if you do not tolerate/eat fish).
Day 5: Our kajak trainer will teach you after breakfast (9:00 ) the basics of touring kayaks. We learn how to get on and off the kajak, to dock on a quayside or a shore. You`ll become familiar with the paddling techniques and with the philosophy of experiencing nature with minimal intervention in its harmony. Since this is a beginner's tour , we perform this preparation round in the basin behind the 23 Mile village, where we can start exercising without being disturbed by streams or speedboats.
Lunch break during which we get to know the traditional gastronomy of the Danube Delta. After lunch we go on a 3- 4-hour guided tour with our trainer, on a particularly beautiful and peaceful route, away from the busy routes. We focus on paddling techniques, how to balance oneself in the boat and how get back into the kayak after falling in the water. In the evening, return to the comfort of the guest house, delicious meal and storytelling outside at a glass of good wine.
Day 6: Our kajak adventure begins today with a full day trip to Matita and back, in a circular trip, that means we paddle on a specific route and back on another one. We have lunch at the lodge of an authentic fisherman, on the banks of the river, in a beautiful place, surrounded by nature . The tour takes place in two stages of about 2 hours, in between short breaks and a lunch break for 2 hours. Today we learn how to paddle effort-savingly since kayak tours are not a competition, but intended as a relaxation. We take our time and learn the art of paddling with maximum efficiency and minimum effort . Besides the fact that we discover a wonderful activity, we also experience a wild and unique nature that inspires us with an amazing variety of birds, animals, insects and plants. In the evening - the same program as the previous evening: dinner, wine, stories, learnt lessons and friendships.
Day 7: After breakfast drive to Tulcea by motorboat on a very nice stretch . Arrival in Tulcea at about 13:00 o`clock.
|Group size||Tarif per person based on double occupancy||Single room supplement|
|9-10 persons||555 EUR||80 EUR|
|7-8 persons||620 EUR||80 EUR|
|4-6 persons||700 EUR||80 EUR|
• Accommodation in a 2 * guest house, in a room for 2 or 9 people (depending on group size) for three nights in Macin
• Full board ( from dinner on the first day to breakfast on the last day )
• Trekking on the 2nd and 3rd day
• Dinner with wine tasting in the wine cellar " Curtea Regala" (Royal Court) from Macin
• Entrance fees for visiting the national park Macinului Mountains
• Transfer from Macin to Tulcea
• Entrance fees at the museums in Tulcea
• Kayaking on the 5th and 6th day
• Accommodation in a 3* pension in Mile 23 for 3 nights
• Transfers Tulcea - Mile 23 and return
• Trainer who accompanies the group in a single kayak and English speaking tour guide
• Access permit to the Danube Delta
• Porter for the luggage on the mountain hike days - 35 €/day
• Private kajak trainer - paddles with the guest in a double kayak and shows him permanently everything he needs to know about kayaking - 70 €/day
- Air travel
- Travel insurance
- Single room supplement - 45€/stay (valid only for the Mile 23 village)
REQUIRED PERSONAL EQUIPMENT:
- Long trousers, long sleeve shirts
- Hiking boots (season-appropiate). Sneakers or sandals are excluded.
- Cap and sun hat
- Jacket / Raincoat (raincoat stays in your backpack all the time)
- Cream or spray against insects
- You can bring your own hydration cremes and energy drinks (the ones that are suitable for athletes)
- Waterproof protection case for mobile phones and camera equipment
- Waterproof bags or containers for clothing and equipment