Experience a unique nature which inspires throughout its amazing variety of birds, animals, insects and plants. Spend together with your children four days surrounded by spectacular, wild nature and discover the art of fishing in the Danube Delta. It`s one of the largest wetlands in the world and consists of 30 ecosystems … an impressive network of channels and lakes that are home to over 5400 species of animals.
- Boat trip on the lakes of the Delta – 1/2 day (4 hours) – The route will be determined depending on weather conditions and water level of the Danube.
- Visit to the monastery St. Athanasie ( 4 hours) – we drive through channels bordering meadows and sandy beaches and admire the impressive variety of wild animals. Visit to the old rite monastery and attending a short service together with the locals, then back to our guest house through the moors , lakes, wild waterways.
- Fishing introduction for the children – each round takes 4 hours (each afternoon on day 2 and 3) We provide the fishing rods and lines, which the children get to take. Every child receives two fishing lines. If additional lines are needed, you can buy them locally.
Parents who would like to fish with their children must bring their own fishing rods.
Day 1: Meet at 16:00 o`clock in the harbour of the city Tulcea and boat trip to Mile 23 village. Drive through one of the most beautiful areas in the Danube Delta, on the route Channel 36, Sireasa pond, Sontea pond, channel Olguta , the Old Danube Channel, Mile 23 village. Accommodation in a 3 * guest house. In the evening traditional fish dish and plans for tomorrow.
Day 2: Boat trip on the lakes of the Delta (starting with 9.30) after breakfast. We leave the Mile 23 village and enjoy a 4 hour round trip . Depending on the water level of the Danube and current information where the large groups of birds are located for feeding, we decide together the best route for the day. We discover the fabulous spectacle of the nature: lakes, floating islands consisting of plants and branches, wet and dry meadows, human settlements and of course the impressive diversity of animal species which have been declared natural monuments.
At 14:00 return to the hotel for lunch and after a short break, beginning at 15:00 of our first fishing round. The children discover the secrets of fishing and thus have fun. One of the guides will help and assist the children with the fishing line assembly.
Return at 19:00 to the guest house and traditional dinner with fresh fish dish.
Day 3: Boat ride to the monastery Saint Athanasie in Stipoc through the picturesque channels of the Danube Delta right after breakfast (8:30). The monastery is one of the last four old rite churches in Romania and represents a small monument that has many stories to tell. Return by boat through the Babina lake where we will hopefully see the flocks of pelicans fishing.
Arrival at the hotel at 14:00, lunch, short break and at 15:00 the children start their second fishing adventure on the dam in front of the hotel. There`s also a prize for the one who catches the biggest fish.
Delicious fish dish in the evening.
Day 4: Breakfast at 9:00 am and departure at 10:00 to Tulcea. Arrival around 13:00 o`clock in Tulcea and farewell.
|Group size||Tarif per person based on double occupancy||Single room supplement|
|8-10 persons (Fixed price independent of the group size)||175 EUR||40 EUR|
• 3 nights, double occupancy in a 3* guest house in a double room
• Full board ( from dinner on the first day to breakfast on the last day )
• Excursions on the second and third day, including English speaking tour guide, boat and fuel.
• Transfers from Tulcea to Mile 23 village and back
• A fishing rod + 2 fishing lines (ONLY for children)
• Access permit to the Danube Delta
- Air travel
- Travel insurance
- Single room supplement: 50 € / person / for the whole period
Prices for children:
• 25% of the adult price for children under 6 years.
• 50 % of the adult price for children 6-12 years.
• Children over 12 years in the same room with parents pay 75 % of the adult price .
• Parents are responsible for the supervision of their children during the program.
• It`s compulsory that all children wear life jackets on board of the boats, even if they can swim.
* Under certain circumstances, the children's birth certificates are required .
REQUIRED PERSONAL EQUIPMENT:
• Long trousers, long sleeve shirts
• Cap and sun hat
• Jacket / Raincoat (raincoat stays in your backpack all the time)
• Cream or spray against insects